JOB PURPOSE: Manages the key performance and result indicators associated with the Financial section of the agency through the implementation of laid down policies and procedures dictating financial reporting and recording requirements, providing input into long term objectives setting and financial planning sequences and; Direct and execute accounting procedures and processes associated with controlling creditors or debtors accounts, investments and fixed assets and debt administration. The incumbent will be required to sign an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
• Grade 12 • A National Diploma in fields of Accounting, Finance or related field equivalent to NQF Level 6
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Program in Municipal Development (CPMD) in line with Minimum regulations on competency level of 2007 (SAQA Qualification ID 48965
• Minimum of five (05) years proven experience in local government of which at least two (02) years must be at Middle Management Level in finance preferable in local governance environment and at least three (3) years at any level in a role related to the position of the official
• Ability to communicate and negotiable at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders
• Competency in the use of computers especially in Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Extensive knowledge of Performance Management Systems in a local government environment
• A valid driver’s license.