JOB PURPOSE: Coordinate and controls the Supply Chain Management processes, aligning procedures, systems and controls, executing applications to address identification, acquisition or disposal of items, monitoring the stock control applications and maintaining records of outcomes, supporting and contributing to fair, equitable, transparent and cost effective procurement practice that is consistent with policies and laid down requirements encapsulated in legislative frameworks. The incumbent will be required to sign an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
• Grade 12 • A Diploma in fields of Accounting, Finance or Supply Chain Management or related field equivalent to NQF Level 6
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Program in Municipal Development (CPMD) in line with Minimum regulations on competency level of 2007 (SAQA Qualification ID 48965
• Minimum of five (05) years proven experience in local government of which at least two (02) years must be at Middle Management Level in finance preferable in local governance environment and at least three (3) years at any level in a role related to the position of the official
• A minimum of two (02) years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in Local Governance environment
• Ability to communicate and negotiable at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders
• Ability to prove strategic, visionary and innovative leadership •Must be registered or be in a process of registration with a professional body
• Extensive knowledge of Performance Management Systems in a local government environment • Computer literacy covering all applications
• A valid driver’s license.